Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm growing very weary of politics - Democratic Underground

I'm growing very weary of politics - Democratic Underground

I'm close to retirement age, it's impossible to switch jobs now because of my age and the economic situation out there, and I am simply tired of arguing about whether WE are right and they are wrong. Up until 2006, we've been under Republican control since 1980 (Clinton was an anomaly) things ave gotten worse everywhere, I should have been at a point where I was looking forward to retiring and comfortably at that, and yet here we are in a depression and the only people secure are the super-rich who picked my pocket over the last decade. The decision by the Supreme Court to give personage to corporations has just about sealed it for me. Yeah yeah, don't give up you say. What is our purpose then? And how do we balance that sledgehammer? We can't. We struggle here on DU for a week to get enough contributions to survive, yet now we too must compete against corporate America? How do we know that some of us in the future won't just be paid shills to undermine the premise of DU? We don't, but I don't know if I'm up for that fight either.

After a year of watching the rookie team in Washington bungle just about everything, backtrack on virtually every promise, wilt under the pressure of an atomic-clock precise noise machine, and generally forget how they got there, I am losing hope that we won't once again be overtaken by thugs and corporate front men in the next two elections. And I am tired of arguing with plants and hit men on this site whose only purpose is to tombstone valued members. I am sick of it all. Imports are gods, domestic autos should fail, foreign workers need OUR jobs, Unions simply drain the workforce. What kind of convoluted thinking is that? We outsource simple help desk jobs to India and keep increasing the unemployment benefits to the jobless here. What the hell happened to us? Too many people on this site think it's fun to jab at the heart of America. And too many people don't see the forest for the trees. What's next, outsourcing web design to China? That should put a knot in a few people's knickers. But I digress.

I am sick of arguing about politics. I've gained noting, convinced no one that my position is better, and the politicians in Washington don't listen to me anyway.

What's the point?

No comments: